Tuesday 13 December 2011

Ho! Ho! Ho! Hick!

Well as you can all see by my festive header I have completed the Nativity,  a builder kindly made me a stable and I painted it with Farrow and Ball "Straw".  Im so pleased with these little guys. Take a closer look inside
Ive also finished the other wall light shades, Im still in need of trimmings.(the shades dont fit so well on energy bulbs,they are too square)

Inspired by all the Christmassy blogs I been looking at, I decided to start thinking  about getting the tree down, after all time is pressing on and....
Santa will be dropping in soon enough!
I love putting the tree up, Opening the boxes and enjoying the ornaments as I rediscover them. 
fragile glass ones, some that belonged to my parents

  the Childrens handiwork

This one is 23 years old and was made by my eldest son when he was in infants. I went into his classroom for the day and all the children made salt dough decorations.



My favourite one of all has to be this little gnome. He used to have a banjo made of card , but I broke it while playing with it when I was small.

Of course there were breakages (Im known for being clumsy)

And also tangled lights to deal with.

What Joy!




discovering that I had bought these candle holders last year, Id completely forgot.

I still havent finished.  Of course it doesnt help whe you are distracted by your favourite Christmas Film and
Baileys tipple, Its traditional!


Cheers!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. I just love those old glass decorations!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi and thanks for your lovely comment.Your knitted Nativity is great,and lovely that it will be brought out year after year! I've seen some on Ebay and they go for a lot.You can't beat the old decorations and it's fun to discover one you had forgotten.
    Enjoy the rest of your Christmas preparations! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to enlist the Mister to make a little stale for my crew, but I may try my hand at making one out of felt - if I ever get the time! I love your little nativity. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU HAVE SOME SERIOUSLY PRETTY VINTAGE CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES, TOO!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting, After all its whats blogging all about. Though I may not answerr all your comments I do appreciate and enjoy reading them all.
louise