Wednesday 25 September 2013

A quick catch up

A quick hello, I am still here ploughing through my September sewing tasks and clearing and rearranging the garden ready for the forthcoming winter.


 My mini wardrobe is coming along and I am on my last piece.  The blouse is finished, washed and in need of a press. It look like nice and fresh on the hanger I am pleased with it especially the yoke insert.  I will show you a proper photo when I do my review for it.
Im now ploughing on with piece 4 a grey skirt, change of colour and fabric, so much for my detailed plan. 

 
I had a great weekend, on Saturday my friend had a stall at a craft market in our local town.  She had decided to de-stash, and I offered to help her, and on Sunday I was in my garden, my sons partner came around and we got so much done. 



 Saturday was a lovely day, (I so love September, my favourite month).  The sun was out and there was a jazz band playing, the market had a lovely vibe.   My friend did well considering it was aimed at a certain few, it amazed me that some people told me they had never used a sewing needle.

Of course I bought something, 2 pieces of fabric, the grey that I am using for my skirt and some patchwork cotton with swimmers on, I like the colours and its fun,  but Im not too sure how I will use it I have 2metres 20 any ideas?


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

 



4 comments:

  1. Love your blouse - very fresh - and that yoke insert really makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blouse looks great! I love Swptember too, the change in weather and the prep for winter. I've been able to get out in the garden for a couple of hours on the weekend to do what I can to help tidy up while sitting on a chair! Better than nothing and the weather was lovely. Looking forward to your blouse review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find summer too warm, but September and our Indian summers are wonderful.

      Delete
  3. The blouse is lovely Louise - very pretty, nicely made, I am sure you will wear it a lot. September is nice here because the weather is warming up ---upside down to your climate :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting, After all its whats blogging all about. Though I may not answerr all your comments I do appreciate and enjoy reading them all.
louise